- Arrive Early: Longer lines and wait times may result because of increased security measures. Plan to arrive two (2) hours prior to flight departures. Passengers are strongly encouraged to check with their respective airlines to verify schedules before coming to the Airport.
- Have ID and Tickets Ready: Ticketed passengers with photo identifications (IDs) will be allowed past security checkpoints to boarding areas. Passengers embarking on ticketless travel must either carry printed proof of their ticket purchases (e.g., a printed itinerary) or check in at the ticket counter.
- Curb Alert: Curbside parking is not permitted. Unattended curbside vehicles will be ticketed and may be towed. Occupied vehicles at the curb will be asked to circle around unless actively loading or unloading passengers. Check the Parking section of this Web site for additional information on passenger pick-up and drop-off .
- Stay Informed: Tune into 1690 AM on your radio for security-related travel tips, including check-in updates, lists of banned and permitted items, and other important information. Continue to check this web site for the latest Airport security information.
Security-related tips from the TSA
Whether traveling through SAN on business or taking that much needed vacation, TSA offers several important tips to help facilitate your experience through the security screening process.
- Curbside Drop-off
- Convenient Parking
- Text at arrival for quick delivery
- Car wash, detailing & other services available
- Park right in front of terminals
- Hourly rates available for first 24 hours
- Ideal for meeting passengers
- EV Charging Stations (Terminal 2)
Airline Specific Parking Options
During construction of the Parking Plaza, parking in the Terminal 2 Lot will be available via McCain Rd.
Hours of Operation
San Diego International Airport is open twenty-four hours a day; however, departures only occur without penalty between 6:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. Each airline has its own operating hours, but typically ticket counters are staffed by 4:30 a.m. for check-in. For specific check-in information, please contact the airline you are flying directly. To contact the Airport or Airport Authority, please call 619.400.2404.
Travelers who require special assistance should contact airlines ahead of time to request assistance in reaching airline-boarding gates. San Diego International Airport and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) have implemented increased security for all airline passengers. These heightened security measures may result in longer waiting times to pass through security checkpoints.
Baggage Check and Claim
Baggage claim carousels are centrally located in each terminal. For assistance, contact the appropriate baggage claim office or airline ticket counter.
Eateries & Shops
The airport offers a variety of locally-owned and nationally known eateries and an exciting mix of shopping choices, including San Diego-based shops and national brand favorites. For information about operating hours and offerings, please visit our SHOP DINE & RELAX pages.